Care Manager – 1242 – Minimum Salary £28,000
Involves responsibility for a small home or a unit which is part of a larger establishment and may entail being the Registered Person with responsibility for the home.
This role is about ensuring that high standards are maintained in the contexts of staffing, delegated budgets, the resources, fabric of the buildings and the health & welfare of residents, to ensure conformity with Group expectations and National Care Standards.
It involves creating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of individual care and activity plans for the residents.
An important element is the requirement to lead, manage, supervise and support the Team Managers and teams of care staff, through line management and role-modelling, ensuring that Supporting Care policies are implemented fully.
A Care Manager will be expected to contribute to developing the establishment by participation as required in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review of its policies and working procedures.
The process of managing and running the home will be open and transparent, respecting the privacy and dignity of residents; supporting them in their day to day decisions with respect to the care they are to receive, taking into account their wishes and feelings where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record working in the care sector
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Planning and organisational skills
- NVQ4 or above, or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Relations skills
- 2+ years of work experience in public health or related field.
- 1+ years of current case management experience.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Management experience, preferably at senior level
- Successful experience of assessing and developing staff.
- Experience of working with care planning and rotas.
- Experience of managing a customer orientated service.
- Experience of managing budgets and financial information.